Thursday, October 17, 2013

Gosh

I'm slacking with my posts this month aren't I? I've been busy with all of my leisure time activities. And by leisure I mean doing all kinds of yard and house work for my folks. I finally ventured out into the world yesterday to meet up with an old Cupcake friend. I ran into a few other people by chance and rather than being thrilled so see me they simply said, "What are you doing out in public?"

I have recently taken a job in a little cafe on Broad Street. Don't let the little part fool you. It may be small but it is jam-packed with people all day long. It's quite stressful actually. While everyone does a bit of everything, my "job" is to coordinate orders and deliveries with the kitchen staff, waiters, and two delivery dudes. As of this moment it's still very early so I cannot say with confidence that I am suitable for this position. As you know, I'm simple minded. It's a lot and builds up fast. Overwhelming would be a good word for it. Alas, I'll catch the hang of it and become so comfortable that lunchtime patrons are subjected to my unabashed attempts at humor and incessant, one-sided giggling.

In the meantime, we've been enjoying the final days in the backyard, as the marsh grass turns from green to gold and the fiddlers burrow down for the winter. While Mom continues to get every ounce of dust out of my room, Ellen had some swing time, and I've been trying to master my handstand. I just can't stay up there.







And look how nice Ari's yard is looking. Ari is coming home this weekend. Technically she is visiting schools as she's headed forward in life for her Masters but she'll be passing through and I'm elated to have her for a few days. Initially, I was going to ride down to New Orleans with her on her way back but now that I have this job my fun has been ruined. 
I was also going to go see Jared in November but I'm not sure about that now. Not looking good toots.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...