Sunday, October 13, 2013

Well Let's See

Life's been dull lately. Well, since returning from Honbon weekend anyway.


Buddy has become somewhat cantankerous. He's getting bolder with his sass and stubbornness and now takes off running as soon as I open the gate to take him for walks. He runs off into the darkness, refusing to acknowledge my calls while he hides away in neighboring shrubbery. He shows up later in the night, usually bustling with excitement. He has also taken to inviting himself up on the sofa and pretending to sleep so that we won't make him get down.

Mimicking Buddy's juvenile behavior, Ellen has been finding Dad and my cheap shots less amusing than usual and now thinks us offensive rather than funny. We however, find our words riotous and choke out apologies as she stomps out to her car and drives away.
Mom has started repainting the baseboards and molding in the house. Chris' folks are coming to visit in the next few weekends and Mom is convinced they will notice our "dingy" paint job.

Dad enslaved me for a day and had me laying sod in the backyard of one of his projects. I'd never laid sod before and while I very much enjoyed the almost instant transformation, that was the most exhausting gig ever. And dirty. I really liked it. I hope I never have to do it again. I have mixed feelings about it. That same evening we brought in the floating dock and after surveying the day's damage, the both of us received the most trauma to our right hands. Dad's thumb endured a match, a power drill, and a barnacle. I got off with a bad blister and an ant-bite. But don't you undermine my ant-bite. It's on a joint in a high-traffic zone.

I hate to cut this riveting news report short but I suppose I'll spare you for now. Enjoy these pictures of beach outings, road trips, Sunday acrobatics, and Archie, a furry friend who tolerated my presence on account of the steak I was eating.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...