Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Lazy Days


Baxter goes to the bathroom in my bedroom. He always has. We don't why. He carries his skinny little carcass up the stairs, surveys my bedroom, and finds a nice pile of clothes to relive himself on. He will only go on piles of fabric. Not the wood floor or tile in my bathroom. Just the rug or my clothes. Remember when I got back from Wales and whined that I'd had a cold for more than twenty days? We went away for Honbon Weekend and when I got back it happened again. I'd wake up congested and shaky and generally feeling pluggish. So I slept on the couch... I woke up fine. Slept in my room - sick. Back on the couch... good to go!

I'm allergic to something in my bedroom. It's not the dust. We got rid of the dust! Theres no mold or mildew or even Buddy hair. But there is Baxter, delicately curled up on my pillow with his little green eyes gently closed to the world.
It's his urine. We googled it.
So we threw out my rug, mopped my floor, and are currently contemplating repainting. I've been sleeping on the couch for about 2 weeks now. That I don't mind. But I go to bed around 1:00. Dad gets up at 5 or 6 and bangs around the kitchen making coffee and talking to Buddy. Doors are slamming. Coffee cups clang together. Buddy barks. The coffee maker is beeping and all the while, I've only slept 4 hours.
"Dad, could you be a little quieter in the morning?"
"Sure thing Lulu." he says and then SSLLAAMMM!!!! goes the front door on his way out at 7:00.

I am now at a point of delirium so extreme that I'm not even sure I'm alive. I've been at the fast paced restaurant in the mornings and then I go straight to pick up Finn who runs me around outside for a few hours and then I'm sent home to wait for sleep to come. Sleep teases me. I dream of lazy summer mornings and afternoon naps. I long for the feeling of cold sheets against my skin. The euphoria of a feather pillow under my cheek.

I'm so out of it that I asked a woman yesterday if she wanted her grilled cheese toasted.
And then I laughed like a maniac while she waited with a straight face.

I've never worked for tips before. I think it's going well.

I'm a dreamin' of the lazy days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...