Saturday, May 5, 2012

Farmers Market

I went to the Farmers Market this morning. This is the only saturday morning I will have off alas it was my only chance to go. It just so happens that this one day I choose to go is also the day of the 9th Annual Dog Show in Marion Square. What luck. I wandered and oogled and also became enraged by the Yankee filled crowd. One lady shoved me. She SHOVED me!!



This is the biggest I've seen the market and everyone was out there with their produce and art and weird breakfast foods, and baked goods and trinkets. My favorite was the big tent full of fresh flowers. I wanted to buy all of them but unfortunately I must be saving my money for my stupendous summer to come.

The dog folk were every where too. I showed up during a lull in the "show" so all the dogs were out running and laughing and pushing each other into tables. It was good fun. The announcer for the whole thing suggested entering your well behaved dog into a Miss Congeniality type dog contest. "Does your dog play well with others? Does he walk on a loose leash? Is he quiet and gentle with children and the elderly?" Does he remember to put the seat down? That kind of thing. I was most entertained by the criteria.




Most importantly, I went to the market because my buddy Mick (on the right)...


and two of his goofy friends started their own beverage company. The Cannonborough Beverage Company to be exact and their sodas are delicious!


You can read all about them here... Local Jerks. They're a bunch a good guys.

I'm off to work in just a bit. It supposed to be 90˚ today. I'm really not in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...