Monday, May 28, 2012

Tropical Storm Family Time


We have seized this storm cloud opportunity for much lounging and family time. We had our usual Sunday dinner yesterday in between sudden sunny rain storms and ominous but dry storm clouds. I went over particularly early to help Dad put the jet skis in the water however the waves were so rough and the tide so strong that we decided Mom wasn't going to let us go out there. So as an alternative we took naps and watched movies. Budds and I spent some time talking about life out on the freshly painted bench swing. He sat here with me for a good 15 minutes before suddenly springing into action after a squirrel, spilling my water all over me.


Ellen came gimping in after work claiming to have glass in her foot. Such drama ensued when Dad (secretly enlivened by the potential gore of the situation) went to work on Ellen's foot. Look at Ellen's genuine reaction of horror. She should have been in silent films.


Turns out she just had a strange foot bruise. Psh! Girls.

We ate our dinner out on the patio where we were tickled to discover that Dad, like Will Honbarrier, is a Spiller. This complements Mom, the Dribbler, perfectly.




On my last day at work I was out in the blueberry fields. Pickin' and grinnin'. I was eaten by mosquitos and am now suffering the itchy consequences. Anyways, I brought home a monstrous bucket full of blueberries which we have been consuming like popcorn. Dad made blueberry sauce, I made blueberry muffins, and Mom made a blueberry crunch which we ate after our dinner o' spilling and dribbling.


Tomorrow is supposed to be a big day of rain and wind and other assorted Storm Time Things. Budds and I spent today getting our fill of the outdoors before we will be sequestered away from fresh air for a day or so. He and I went swimming today. I found the harbor water to be displeasingly cold however I felt I needed to be a good sport as I was afraid Buddy would find my perpetually nippy disposition to be girly and uncool.





All is well here. Mom and Dad are helping prep me for my time away by telling me things I already know and reminding me of all the horrible things that happen to teenagers when they go away for spring break. They are very encouraging. 

Ellen has been working a lot and I haven't seen her much lately -mostly because we have opposite schedules but more importantly, because Ellen has weeded her stash of suitors down to one! I'm glad about this weeding process for two reasons. 1) Because I like this guy and 2) Because I was becomoing exhausted trying to keep her wooers and their woes separate. In Ellen's absence Sadie has been entertaining me with late night acrobatics and general obese cat peculiarity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...