Saturday, May 26, 2012

Oh Man!!


Man oh man! I've been so busy running around, learning french and picking berries! It's all over today though. Yesterday I received a 94 on my final French test from my beloved jovial Professor and on account of my stellar grades and giggly demeanor, I don't have to take the final. Therefore, I am officially done with class until August. (I'm not counting my Greek classes as "classes"or else I'll turn on the whole idea!)

Today was my heavy-hearted last day at Boone Hall. I'm so sad to leave my guys again. We have such a nice time together laughing and eating Mexican food. There were a few sad goodbyes and they all told me to take care of myself while I was away. They all take it upon themselves to "take care of" me and they each think they are the only one who does. Erik, worried about the Greek men, offered me his machete "just in case". I'm also very sad that I won't have the pleasure of the wondrous smells that all of the different vegatables give off in their fields. I love those smells. Summer smells.
Anyways, I drove home with a bucket of blueberries, a big sunflower, and lots of sweet Mexican faces dancing around in my mind. I'm already excited to see them again!!

This week is my final countdown week. I need to attempt the pile again. It has moved from my bed to the floor. I need to do tons of things!! Most of which involve eating out somewhere one last time before I go! But nevertheless, I'll be getting in a final Laura/Buddy kayak ride, some dock time, and lots and lots of family time and Dad meals!

Long trips are a bittersweet thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...