Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shrubs n' Things

Good Morning! I have a Boone Hall update of sorts. There is some major construction taking place right around the entrance to the farm. This thunderous and roaring fiasco is dissuading business, thus, I have had a lot of down time lately. So I took some pictures.



As you can see, our tomato plants are moving and shaking and will allegedly be ready for pickin' in June. I'm secretly glad I will be absent for the mayhem of the tomato season. I had my first reminder of just how hot it gets out there and I thought, "Awe geez. I don't want to do this again." I will miss the royal treatment I receive though, particularly from Gilberto who gives me a big jolly hug approximately every day that I work, along with the occasional flower from his garden. 

Our corn is coming along very quickly...


And the grape vines have just taken off.


We have this huge patch of these golden flowers that kind of just sprung up out of nowhere but oh how I love them. At the end of the day the sun shines down on them and they turn the greatest shades of yellow and gold. I've actually caught a number of people that stop their cars on the side of the road, hop the fence and then throw their kids into the flowers to take a few pictures. And then they scamper off just as quickly.



Here is one of Giberto's gardens...


And much to my delight, one of the many cats that live on the plantation recently had a litter of kittens. Tiny multi-colored kittens. They are very skittish and have not yet let me pet them but they let me close enough for a few candid shots before they took of running and mewing. The little yellow one "hissed" at me. It sounded like air coming out of a beach ball. "Pffffffff!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...