Sunday, May 20, 2012

Greece-y Things


I don't know who took this Paros picture so I can't give them credit. Point being, it was not me.

I'm gettin' ready! I'm gettin' nervous! I'm gettin' Euros in small denominations! Did you read about the impending Doom of the Euro in Greece? Figures. Worst case I'll have to find a nice guy name Kostas to take care of me whilst I'm tragically stranded in Greece unable to buy food, lodging, or kicky sandals. Oh Kostas!!

I attempted a mock packing job (having completed my list) alas it did not go over well. Lukas told me that the average for Wales in the summer time is a frigid 70˚. Well I never! I don't have room for wool sweaters in my bag full of white linen and high heels. I came to the startling realization that I will in fact have to bring a few pairs of long pants AND waterproof, sensible shoes (Whaa??) AND a rain jacket. Awe Geez. Anyways, I left everything in a pile on my bed and went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner. I have not yet reattempted The Pile. My departure date is rapidly approaching though. I should be about done with work and school in the next week and few days and THEN I will begin to really panic and therefore become immensely productive.

Speaking of productive, this guy...


has become overwhelmingly enthralled with a new video game that his mother recently mailed to him. I can't get him to focus. In between attempts at saving the world one nano-particle at a time, Sheldon here is slaying dragons and acquiring ancient Celtic armor. I give him credit, he will put down the controller if I'm really working through something or I'm forcing him to watch various youtube videos but I swear! I've had it with the video games. 

Last weekend he was sitting right there, looking off to the side at his game, biting his lip and surging his whole body to the left and then to the right in attempt to avoid flaming arrows. All the while his fingers working maniacally on the tiny red and blue buttons. I was talking to him about something of relative seriousness and he was responding with the occasional grunt or "uh huh" when suddenly I heard a little jingle playing outside of his window. The little song got closer and louder until Lukas recognized the jingle and suddenly shot upright and shouted "Ice Cream man!!" and then scampered out of his room. I was still mid-sentence when I heard his door slam behind him. He returned a few minutes later, licking a large chocolate ice cream cone, a dopey look on his face. 
Later I caught him with his head way back, positioning grapes onto lips and blowing them high up into the air only to catch them again with a big satisfying crunch. He would then look at me with a face of satisfied personal achievement. Geez....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...