Friday, January 11, 2013

It's Entirely Too Grey


I did some fantastic drawings for you, perfectly recounting the bizarre cast of characters I found myself sitting amongst in my writing class yesterday. I proudly presented them to Mom who gave me a satisfactory guffaw and then told me not "publish" them. While I agree that they are offensive, they are simply factual drawings. I can't help how people present themselves.

My point is, my writing class is filled with...eccentric characters. I simply had to make myself stop looking around as the laugher was burning in my stomach and dissipating into rippling waves of a nervous feeling that really put me on edge. One tardy girl swung the door open about 30 minutes into the class and stood proudly, hands on her hips, looking for an empty seat. Her entrance struck me as funny until my eyes panned from her black, spiky boots up to her wooka-wooka hair and I found myself unable to remain stoic and calm. I even noticed the most subtle flinch from my professor, who had his lips pressed together in a desperate attempt to remain professional. Later while talking about the importance of turning in papers on time one boy said, "What if like, I'm attacked by badgers on the way to class and it's totally not my fault?"

My professor is a nice guy with a really subtle sense of humor. It was lost on the texters, hair twirlers, and droolers in the class. And other than him forcing a public reading of things we've written, I'm not so opposed to his system. Look at me maturing. Such a studious child. I am however very much infuriated by my drawing class and simply have no response to painting. I have the same quack from last year. Same classroom. Same syllabus. Hopefully it won't be that same one-armed model.

Tis all the news for now. I don't have class Mondays or Fridays so I am off today on a mission...I'll keep you posted. Also, I really fought for a date night with Ellen tonight. It took my offering to pay to get her to agree. (Hmph!!) I've got to come up with something sensational. Sweep her off her feet...and then not call for three days.





1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...