Friday, January 25, 2013

My Little Man


As a reluctant art major, I'd figured I had mixed up every color of the rainbow with my tiny overpriced squeezy tubes of paint. Little blue here, little white there. "There's no color I can't match!" I proudly told myself during color theory- a class created for color mixing. I carried this achievement in that pocket of your brain where you keep things that truly impress you and only you. You don't mention these accomplishments because no one else cares, nor are they even capable of understanding it's greatness. Buddy shattered this color triumph of mine though on Sunday, when he threw-up a color I had never seen. A prolonged, oozing combination of warm and cool colors, which, not that Buddy cares, is an incredibly difficult blend, rarely seen, and only perfected by master painters. I was very impressed. Then I gagged and left the house, leaving it for Mom as a pre-lunch surprise.

(It's not that I'm hateful. I can scoop poop til the cows come home but that. I can't do...that. I told you. Since Clinton was in office! 1999!!)

Anyways, and more importantly, Buddy won't eat or play and he only wants to lay around inside. We thought he was feeling groovy yesterday as I forced him to go for a walk with me. He started out slow but eventually made a friend. The two of them enjoyed dragging me into people's yards, through property dividing bushes, and pawing at someones expensive, red Jaguar, leaving me to stagger over an apology while they scampered away, laughing and pushing each other into the bushes. But when he got home he fell right to sleep and stayed put the rest of the day -not eating or lifting his little caramel-colored head to say hello when we entered the room. He threw up that impressive pigment again this morning and back to the Vet he has gone. He's been checked for parasites, had x-rays, etc and to be honest, the Doc doesn't know whats wrong.

This is my extremely long winded prayer request for ole Budds. Poor little fella, just sitting all alone at the Doctor's. Breaks my heart to think about. He'll be home tonight though so I sure hope he feels better.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...