Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Health Update



It seems Buddy has even surpassed me in the art of faking sick. You know, I was "sick" everyday for half of 6th grade. That's when I realized you could easily get through school without ever actually going, a notion I proudly practice today. When I picked ole Budds up from the vet the other day he was fine, wagging his tail and dragging me around to meet his new friends. I looked at his x-rays in a tiny closet with a humorless old man who kept referring to Buddy's "pooper". I mean how do you not laugh? While he rambled about intestinal metabolic rates I looked at the pretty glowing picture and noticed that Buddy has a lot of gas and that his colon is in the shape of a question mark- ending with the pooper of course.

Anyways, nothing is actually wrong with the little fella, or they can't find anything wrong with him. Perhaps he ate a plastic bag. He has gotten spoiled with the yummy canned food we've been giving him to help him...you know, and now he has boycotted his dry kibble. He was fine for two days and then acted sick again yesterday, refusing to walk or come out of the sunroom. When we finally decided he should go back to the vet he was miraculously healed and wanted to go outside. I'm on to you Buddy.

In Laura health news, I have finally taken my potential diabetic state to heart and stopped eating sugar. I tried to cut back before but you know, Christmas sweets. New Years sweets. Weekend sweets...
I've really done it now and it's really not so bad- apart from wiping out my desire to eat at all. I went two weeks sans sugar and really felt groovy. I then partook in a bowl of ice cream and reverted right back to my sluggish and queasy feeling. It's a POISON!!!!! Despite my new sugarless disposition it is good to know these things and I've come to regard red bell peppers as my dessert. Gosh, that's a sad statement. Oh but I have mastered a sugarless, flourless, bakeless, (tasteless) oatmeal cookie.

I'm so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...