Thursday, January 17, 2013

Magnolia Plantation

The last few days have been lovely. So lovely in fact, that I've already skipped my painting class. Surely I can paint by now and it was far to lovely outside to waste away under harsh fluorescents. When's it going to be 80˚ in January again? Therefore, Moppy and I casually hiked it over to Magnolia Planation for a day of garden wandering.

Truly perfect weather.











The last time I was here was a childhood picnic with Jordan and Alston. I don't remember this. But according to Mom, we had a great time. I have since decided that I'm going to have to have a house on the water, casually placed upon acres of fertile soil for my bountiful gardens, including but not limited to herbs, flowers, and vegetables. I would also like to raise goats. And when all of my kooky life endeavors fail and I end up alone, I know that Ari will live in this haven with me, gardening and creating elixirs. Did I tell you she is doing an internship at the Herbal Society? Did you even know there was a Charleston Herbal Society? She's basically learning to make potions. I think this is pushing her inner mad scientist to the edge. She could potentially lose it... I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I love your bridge photo. Thousands, if not millions of people photograph the BRIDGE, but not you. You photograph the cypress knee, the bridge is the background prop! Wonderful... Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...